Monday, May 21, 2007

Carnival of Genealogy, 24th edition

I'm a little late in spreading the news, but the 24th Carnival of Genealogy is now posted over at Creative Gene:

The topic for this edition is Mothers! We have wonderful tributes and tales of the women who have for better or worse had a hand (or a gene ;-) in making us who we are today. They come in all shapes and sizes, races and religions, ages and eras. They live in our hearts and in our minds and now in our Carnival too. Let's hear it for moms!

[...]

The topic for the next edition of the COG will be: Who inherited the Creative Gene in your family? We're all aware of someone on the family tree who was/is "the creative one" or "the talented one"... the painter, musician, poet, wood carver, interior designer, writer, knitter, singer, calligrapher, or such. Tell us about their creative pursuits. Let's hear it for the creatives! Please submit your blog article to the next edition of Carnival of Genealogy using our
carnival submission form. The deadline for submissions for the next edition will be June 1st. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Included in this edition were two articles I wrote, McGimpsey letter from 1854, my transcription of a letter from William and Marget McGimpsey in Ireland to their son Henry in America, and Happy Mother's Day, about my mom.

2 comments:

Barbara 5/22/2007 11:21 AM  

Hi Christina,
I have been once to the Carnaval of Genealogy . I was impressed by this initiative. I'll be looking forward to reading the entries on Moms and the next on one "creative Genes".
Good question about the creative gene...

On my genealogy blog side, I'am awiting to start new research in PA. The genealogist that will help me had to take a break because of a death in her family. In June, she we help me. I'am feeling excited about that, but as a genealogist I'am always realistic. Success is NEVER guarenteed! You can know the place where a family lived and still come up empty handed.

You take care and see you soon my friend.

Christina | AmiExpat.com 5/22/2007 3:56 PM  

@barbara: I've made research trips that came up empty handed. I went to PA, I knew the town name and all, but there were too many guys of the same name (Samuel Bear) running around in the time period I was looking at! It's really disappointing when that happens, but just one breakthrough can make up for all the disappointments!

You should submit something to the next Carnival if you have a creative person in your family tree. I don't have any stories of creative ancestors (I'm sure they were, I just don't know anything other than that they were farmers), so I'll most likely be sitting the next one out.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP